Our Direct client is looking for a MS Dynamics AX – Software Engineer for a Full Time Direct Hire position.
- Location: Cypress, CA or Schaumburg, IL
- Salary $105k - $120k plus bonus
- Salary plus great Benefits
- In-Person Interview
- Onsite Role Monday – Friday
- Role: MS Dynamics AX – Software Engineer
The Software Engineer III - AX will be an integral member of the Technical Solutions AX ERP team and will be tasked with developing scalable technical solutions for Microsoft AX ERP implementations across the Family of Companies (FOCs). The individual is responsible for the technical design, development, implementation, testing, and operational / maintenance of new and existing programs in the Microsoft AX ERP environment. The Software Engineer III -AX will be required to work on task management and planning by breaking down functional specifications into technical designs, development tasks, estimates, and executing to completion. In addition, the Software Engineer III -AX must ensure that developed code meets the technical and functional specifications through unit testing and validation. This role will be required to mentor other developers on AX best practices.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, management of information science, or equivalent work experience in a related field required
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer required
- 4+ years of Dynamics AX project experience working as a Sr. Developer for at least one global/complex (multiple ISV solutions / work streams) deployment required
- 3+ years as a senior X++ developer working with large-scale application development required
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Development / Installation Experience required, (AX 2012 preferred)
- 3+ years working with an object-oriented development language (e.g. X++, C++, C#, VB.NET, Java, .NET framework) required
- 4+ year with AIF, BOF, TFS and SSRS required
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently, with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Detail oriented with excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Working knowledge of programming methodologies, structures, and concepts .Net framework, UML, XML, SharePoint, BizTalk
- Experience with Dynamics AX Trace Parser.
- Experience with the diagnosis of X++ code tracing with performance analysis outcomes and recommendations.
- Knowledge of T&L, SCM, General Ledger, and Projects including PSA
- Working knowledge of database design and SQL (Query Language)
- Experience work with ISV solutions such as BottomLine, eBanking, CCH, Avalara preferred
- Have experience in estimating development effort
- Current certifications in Dynamics AX Development Introduction and MorphX Solutions Development
- Working knowledge of Microsoft platform skills
- Mentor development team on Microsoft Dynamics AX technology (i.e., X++, MorphX, Dynamics AX 2012, AIF, C#, .NET framework, Web Forms/Win Forms, WCF, Web Services, SOA and OOD/OOP, SQL Server) and integration tools as required
- Participate in GAP fit analysis
- Occasionally may require an adjusted work schedule - evening/weekend hours in order to meet project deadlines or to access the computer system to support 2nd/3rd shift users
- Able to identify, analyze, specify, design, and translate functional design to technical design. Create and document technical designs for medium to high complexity solutions that may include integration with external systems.
- Create and document technical designs for low to high complexity solutions that may include integrations with external systems
- Lead and/or participate in peer technical design review
- Design systems that span multiple technologies/platforms
- Create and apply design standards across all applications
- Design solutions to meet performance requirements and scalability expectations
- Design complex systems utilizing multiple technologies (may have a special area of expertise), including integrations with external systems.
- Design and creates frameworks, program controls and services that can be utilized by other developers in creation of applications.
- Ensure the application operates according to functional and technical specifications
- Able to write, test, debug, and maintain applications for end-user adoption, productivity improvement and efficiency.
- Research, analyze, and produce high quality source code for low to high complexity solutions
- Modify and enhance low to high complexity programs
- Enable integration with third party applications using Microsoft Dynamics AX tools
- Apply more than one programming language to produce high quality source code
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Develop knowledge of the company's applications
- Lead and/or participate in peer code reviews
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to identify and solve software defects
- Anticipate risks and implement contingency plans to resolve issues impacting applications
- Design operational support systems like monitoring, reporting, fail over, error handling etc.
- Proactively enhances systems for stability, efficiency, scalability and robustness
- Develops, sponsors, and supports the introduction of new and improved methods, products, procedures, and technologies.
- Devise, makes recommendations, and guide implementation of corrective and/or preventive actions
Unit Testing and Validation
- Ensures developed code meets the technical and functional specifications.
- Participate in the installation and configuration of development/test/production Dynamics AX 2012 environments as required
- Provide assistance/leadership in ERP upgrades as required
- Develop and document effective unit test cases to test solution and validate results are as expected
- Modify code if unit test fails
- Ensure the application operates according to functional and technical specifications
- Troubleshooting and resolve software bugs, data, and system configuration issues
- Develops reusable unit test case suite
- Ensures test case suite incorporates broad coverage within application(s).
- Problem Solving - Ability to problem solve through problem identification (what is the problem), solution assessment (what can be done), problem documentation (document for future) and problem response (implementing a solution).
- Decision making - Makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; commits to action, even in uncertain situations, to accomplish organizational goals.
- Customer Service - Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with others by listening, understanding and
- Company Business Knowledge - Understands the company, its products and the business processes.
- Accountability - Holds self-accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results.:
- Proactively collaborate between own functional area and areas below or above in the project stream as needed
- Communication - Communicates effectively across all levels to support departmental and organizational objectives.
- Building Collaborative Relationships - Develops, maintains, and strengthens partnerships with others inside and/or outside the organization.
- Leadership – Displays effort and commitment in carrying out the department’s goals and objectives.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
· IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
· All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
· Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
· Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.