The CMDB Analyst II works with all departments within Information Services and its customers to provide Configuration Management services and support. The role is responsible for the technical solution and uses the Discovery application or other tools to create and maintain the accuracy of Configuration Item (CI) specific information within the CMDBs. As a member of the CMDB-ServiceNow team, this role would encompass the following:
- Administer, manage and carry out all aspects of the configuration management processes to ensure the accuracy of the CMDB.
- The position designs, supports and manages interfaces to data fed tools, defining and coordinating CI relationships, monitoring data integrity and ensuring alignment with integrated ITSM processes.
- Responsible for technical and process ownership of the CMDB and its relationship to other functions and departments.
- Contribute to enhancement efforts on the ServiceNow platform that apply technical solutions to eliminate manual processes and simplify workflows for complex procedures
- Ensures appropriate communication, testing, and adherence to ITSM processes.
- Work closely with IT Management to align internal ServiceNow processes with the IT strategy.
- Leverage your business knowledge and technical expertise to participate in business process improvements and engage in demonstrations, present value propositions, and proof of concepts.
- Execute the Configuration Item (CI) discovery process; ensures accurate mapping of CI relationships. Researches and resolves any issues.
- Monitor, maintain and contribute to the growth and maturity of the Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
- Develop the strategy and processes for ensuring that the CMDB is accurate and current.
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture and other key stakeholders to build out and maintain the Application Portfolio.
- Support the Service Modelling process, works with key business stakeholders to ensure information and references are updated for the end-to-end delivery of IT services and that Service Models are accurately maintained.
- Partner with IT Asset Management team to identify and recommend both process and technology automation improvements to current state processes.
- Implement process measurement and refinement mechanisms for overall Asset and Configuration Management (including software, data center and IT hardware).
- Partner with technical and business personnel to ensure new technologies are accurately incorporated into the CMDB.
- Establish strategies and processes to ensure easy and reliable access to the CMDB data, including support for business intelligence and analytics requirements.
- Define standards and reusable approaches within own area of responsibility
- Assist with the collection and formatting of data required for Apptio (IT business management tool).
- Comply with all internal and external policies and procedures including the Architecture Standards, Security, Project Management Methodology, Software Development Lifecycle, Change Management, Procurement and Finance, where applicable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience in a related field required
- 3+ years’ broad IT experience working within a large enterprise required
- 2+ years’ experience with ServiceNow technology required
- 2+ years’ experience working within an IT Configuration Management program and/or organization and at least 2 years of hands-on experience with Asset / CMDB tools required
- Experience with delivering and operating ServiceNow CMDB / Discovery preferred
- Solid understanding of Configuration Management practices and principles
- Experience developing an Application Portfolio, working with Application owners to document the Application and associated technologies (preferred)
- ITIL V3 Foundation certification (preferred)
- Certification from an organization such as the Institute of Configuration Management (preferred)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office products required
- Proficiency with some collaboration tools like SharePoint and Box
- Understands advanced internet and client/server architectures
- Possess intermediate knowledge of SQL and databases
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
· IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
· All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
· Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
· Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.