Our client in Carlsbad, CA is looking for a Network Infrastructure Architect to join their organization. This position is a contract to hire, possibly direct-hire for the right candidate.
Responsible for designing and implementing network enterprise infrastructure and platforms. This role will lead efforts to develop, maintain and leverage the enterprise network architecture across the Institute. Provide support for the architecture review process, management of the infrastructure project portfolio, support for major initiatives, and delivery of key emerging technologies in alignment with GIA’s business strategies. Work closely with IT Business Relationship Managers (BRM) to align future business drivers with technology and data enterprise architectural roadmap.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Lead the process of integrating outcomes of the strategic planning process to identify enterprise business drivers; translate these to common business, information, and technology architecture requirements.
- Analyzes system requirements and ensures that systems will be securely integrated with current applications.
- Oversee and report out on ongoing analysis of industry, technology and market trends to determine potential impacts on the enterprise.
- Analyze current business and IT environment to detect critical deficiencies.
- Assist in the annual architecture plan development, as part of strategic planning process.
- Provide leadership for cross-organizational teams in the analysis and development of implementation plans based on prioritized requirements.
- Assist with implementation, ongoing refinement activities and the documentation of all enterprise network architecture design and analysis work.
- Contribute to the architecture design, development and end to end deployment of high performance cloud environments.
- Responsible for a large array of tasks from designing next generation PAAS solutions. Leading a technical team in building/automating services for customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Familiarity with relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Experience with Next Generation firewalls.
- Experience supporting enterprise Wi-Fi across multiple locations.
- Experience in load balancing with local and global traffic management solutions.
- Experience in networking technologies, not limited to TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, STP, HSRP, PPP, NAT, SNMP and VoIP.
- Experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting Cisco network devices.
- Experience with internal and external DNS
- Experience with IP Address Management (IPAM) systems such as InfoBlox, Solarwinds, etc.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Solarwinds, SCOM, Keynote, AppDynamics, Nagios
- Experience in network security including: Device Hardening, IDS/IPS, SIEM, Firewalls, and IPSec, vulnerability assessment and intrusion detection
- Has a deep understanding of system development in cloud environments, including Software as Service (SaaS), Platform as Service (PaaS), or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Experience with OpenStack, AWS, Azure or VMware.
- Participates in business needs analysis; designs, installs, and supports network solutions which include, but not limited to, firewalls, switches, routers, load balancers, and various kinds of security protection and filtering oriented appliances and/or software component on one or multiple platforms in a Web architecturally oriented LAN/WAN/MAN.
- Strong experience with complex networks, perimeter security management and routing.
- Ability to document and diagram technical systems and architectures.
- Experience supporting Operational Support Systems (OSS) and/or Network Management Systems (NMS).
- Experience with relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Ability to maintain and foster sensitivity and respect for a culturally diverse work environment.
- Ability to display supportive behavior and communicate positively regarding department goals and objectives.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of personalities to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to fulfill assigned commitments in a timely manner within established budgets while achieving quality results.
- Excellent grammar, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and resolve conflict when necessary.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and/or internationally, if needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT (if applicable)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, degree, or equivalent industry experience.
- 7+ years’ experience in network/systems architecture design and/or support in a medium to large environment
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in cloud systems architecture design and/or support in a medium to large environment.
- 3 - 5 year’ designing highly scalable, secure and high performing network systems.
- Work is performed in a designated professional office workstation and environment.
- Extensive use of office equipment to include computer, calculator, copier, fax, and other business related machines and software.