Our direct client is actively seeking a VIP Desktop Technician for a 3 month contract to hire opportunity at their location in Manhattan, NY. The Desktop Technician provides basic hardware, software, and network support relative to customer IT environment. Dedicated to providing high end customer service with Executive/VIP Presence.
- Ensure service goals are aligned with direction set by Service Deskside Manager.
- Support of end users in a professional manner.
- Provide timely and effective resolution to support requests based on internal Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Focus on proactive rather than reactive support measures.
- Operate as resource on technical projects.
- Understands MS Operating Systems
- Understands Standard MS suite of Applications
- Understands Volt specific applications
- Has a knowledge of troubleshooting steps in resolving problems
- Must be able to communicate effectively yet, concisely via phone, email, and direct verbal communication
- Must be able to handle daily support tasks with minimal supervision
- Must be able to use time effectively and efficiently to complete multiple user requests
- Working administrative knowledge of Windows Operating Systems: 98, 2000, XP, and 7. Windows 10 experience is a plus.
- Understanding and/or experience with Apple HW and SW (OSX, Office for Mac) – a plus
- Understanding of NT/AD Domain security model.
- Understanding of NTFS/DFS directory sharing and permissions
- ITIL understanding and/or direct experience, a plus
- Administrative experience with Active Directory Users and Computers
- Basic working knowledge of TCP/IP including DNS, WINS, SMTP, FTP, HTTP, PPTP.
- Ability to Install and upgrade microcomputer software and hardware; configure microcomputers, printers and other network devices according to corporate standards.
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and maintain microcomputer hardware, printers and other computer peripherals and software.
- Experience installing, updating, and identifying problems
- Ability to manage workload in accordance with the IT Support and customer priorities.
- Intermediate to Advanced administrative knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with antivirus software and virus/malware removal
- Microsoft Exchange and/or Office 365 user, licensing, and mailbox administration
- Remote Access software (MS NetMeeting, Remote Desktop, MS Remote Access)
- Video Conferencing: management and configuration of room and personal video conferencing systems, hardware and software.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deskside Support technician provides concierge-level customer service and communication with Executive/VIP Presence
- Use troubleshooting skills to determine cause and perform problem resolution, on both hardware and software issues including local server hardware. (Windows and Mac)
- Onsite back-up coordination for PBX and network issues when Primary is off site
- Meet various SLA requirements based on measurable metrics (e.g., Uptime, # of users, # of problems, Customer Satisfaction).
- Research solutions and provide end user support via phone and/or remote assists regarding supported software (e.g., word processing, spreadsheets, and email) and hardware (e.g., LAN, VPN connectivity, network cards, modems, PDAs).
- Follow established Helpdesk processes and procedures and be able to implement changes in those processes and procedures based on the needs of the enterprise
- Logging all incidents and resolutions using Helpdesk Application (Altiris Helpdesk Console)
- In situations where replacement hardware may be required, opening, updating and closing tickets. Follow procedures when ordering, receiving and returning parts.
- Closing incidents in a timely manner with appropriately detailed documentation and data fields completed.
- Configure, and troubleshoot corporate workstations/laptops, hardware and software, e-mail, network connectivity and peripheral equipment; makes repairs and corrections where required.
- Act as a technical resource in assisting users to resolve problems with equipment and data access.
- Provide basic instruction in the use of standard business software, including word processing, spreadsheets and database management; and/or provide written documentation as applicable.
- Record and track problems and follow up to ensure resolution and/or escalate to Tier 2/3 as necessary.
- Respond in a timely manner to all requests, received verbally, via email and through Altiris.
- Perform ‘Smart Hands’ services for the Help Desk, System Support and Network Support groups.
- Contributing to the maintenance of Altiris HelpDesk Knowledge Base
- Assist with the research of new or upgraded software applications; maintain software information and network technology and recommends modifications as necessary.
- Communicate clearly and concisely in a logical, organized fashion, verbally and in writing with co-workers, superiors, and corporate users.
- Follow Project Plans and meet deadlines.
- Coordinate new user installations and/or relocations with Telecommunications Technician.
- Provide secondary support to Real Estate Director by contacting appropriate service provider to address facilities issues when the primary is not available.
- Communicate daily with the Telecommunications Technician and management regarding all outstanding issues, planned work and absences from the office. Notifies the Telecommunications Technician immediately regarding any requests/issues from Executive Management in order to present a unified front
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
· IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
· All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
· Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
· Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.