Our direct client is seeking to hire a "Mid-Senior level DEV/OPS Engineer" for their HQ in Cleveland, Ohio (Suburb: Shaker Heights)
You will be the primary "go to" person and bring your vision with freedom and ownership to create the product!
You will be the primary developer in the R&D group.
Client will consider non-local candidates and pay for relocation.
No sponsorship available
Monday-Friday work week (Potential to work from home 1-2 days per week)
Working in a fast-paced environment with a small team.
Must have exp with Deployment of DEV/OPS, Software Infrastructure, Testing Strategy, Docker Container, AWS, Version Control GIT, CPU-bound Intensive.
Environment: They have GO on the back-end, Database is MongoDB, Python, Celery, DLR's on Azure,
Node.JS, Framework (React/Redux).
This person will work closely with a small, elite team of researchers and engineers to develop a web-based framework for serving our technology, both old and new, that will change the way engineering work is done in our industry. This is cutting-edge work. A small, tightly-knit team, and we require a candidate who can work well with us daily, during all stages of the development process.
Current framework, which consists of a React+Redux frontend, a Go backend, and a plethora of calculations developed in Python and served via Celery. All of these pieces are hosted as Docker containers through Amazon Web Services. Additionally, there are several external calculations accessed RESTfully, hosted on Azure, and with which our AWS framework communicates.
- Taking over and improving our DevOps, which currently consists of deployment via Docker images on AWS for production, staging, and development with some automated testing kicked off by changes to the calculators’ source code, which is stored in git repositories. Additionally, there are production, staging, and development workers on Azure for those calculators hosted there.
- Helping us develop to maturity the Python interface and workflow by which the engineering backend developers, who primarily use Python, modularly deliver their calculations.
Helping us develop and improve web-based components for the interactive visualization of element-based solution data—generated primarily from FEA calculations performed on the backend—using VTK, Paraview, or related technologies.
- Helping to develop and transition experimental prototypes from the R&D group to production-ready software.
- Otherwise extending and improving upon our existing framework with continued development in React+Redux, Go, and Python.
Wishlist (PLUS SKILLS ONLY) !!!
- Development experience with Go
- Experience serving Python applications via Celery
- Experience serializing structured data with Google’s Protocal buffers (protobuf)
- Experience developing scalable web applications
- Bonus points for experience scaling CPU-bound web applications specifically, and
- More bonus points for experience deploying backends that rely on DLLs to process requests
- Experience with deployment of RESTful applications via Azure
- Experience with 2D and 3D data visualization such as graphing functional data and displaying complex 3D element-based data sets like those that come from CAD, FEA, and CFD applications, using technologies such as Plotly, VTK, Paraview, WebGL, et cetera
- Experience with agile development
- Some knowledge of Python development environments and packages such as anaconda, numpy, and scipy
- Some knowledge of mathematics, physics or engineering