Role: Security Engineer
Location: Atlanta, GA
Duration: 6+ months contract to hire
Start Date: ASAP
Must pass a background/drug screen
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Security Engineer I to take their information security career to the next level on our team. The primary responsibility of the Security Engineer I will be to provide security administration and support of security technologies and devices. Leads and develops identity and access management (IAM) processes, technologies, and access‐related projects. Supports security governance functions in accordance with Bank security policies and standards.
- Performs security administration of endpoint antivirus, asset discovery, vulnerability management, email gateway, user access provisioning, and other security protection tools. Monitors endpoint systems for abnormal user behavior and policy violations.
- Supports security incident response activities consisting of identifying new issues, gathering information, remediating issues, and reporting to appropriate individuals.
- Researches the development of security technology requirements, evaluations, selection, and deployment. Provides recommendations based on technical aspects of the product and effects of implementation to the Bank.
- Implements security‐related projects such as security application upgrades, identity and access management, single sign‐on/password administration, and other new security initiatives.
- Educates users in security principles, policy, and practices through daily interaction and security awareness activities such as phishing campaigns, newsletters and other reminder tools.
- Develops, implements, maintains, and reports on identity and access management processes and authentication methods designed to meet regulatory and compliance requirements. Partners with business units and Information Technology departments to implement practices that meet the Bank’s requirements for identity and access management.
- Reviews and processes user requests for access ensuring consistency with responsibilities and remediates any issues. Creates and maintains user account setup/modification documentation and related procedures for account management in Bank systems.
- Designs the process and manages access reviews, explains access rights to system owners, and discusses access issues for all applications and databases. Reviews security violation reports and alerts to determine if further action is required. Responds to audit and compliance‐related requests such as SOX control reviews, Internal Audit requests, and external audits.
- Provides direct support to the business and Information Technology staff for systems security related issues and questions. Recommends solutions to problems and notifies management of potential problem areas.
The program is very mature in both governance and security operations but is continually evolving to strengthen further. Cybersecurity has an extremely strong focus from the board of directors and executive management, as illustrated by a formal Security Governance Committee (in existence since 2009), made up of department heads throughout the Bank and a Cyber security Working Group made up of the COO, CIO, CRO, CMO, CAO, CISO, and legal counsel.
Some of the primary initiatives on the security roadmap include:
- Upgrading current application whitelisting product
- Upgrading endpoint anti‐virus solution
- Evaluate and implement additional DDOS protections
- Upgrade/replace the Bank’s user access provisioning system (IAM)
- Automating manual processes through the use of the Bank’s GRC solution for automated workflows and cross platform risk identification/reporting It’s an exciting team that operates with a lot of energy. We set very ambitious goals and work hard to deliver superior security to the Bank. We look forward to bringing in new ideas and experiences to the team to strengthen it further.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT), business process and health care consulting and staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Developers, Quality Assurance and Testing, Software Configuration Management, etc.)
- All major Enterprise Resource Planning packages (including Oracle, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, SAP, Microsoft, Lawson)
- Health care consulting resources and services (including ICD-10)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by CRN magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing IT solution providers and by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Based in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, and Atlanta.