Our Direct client is looking for a WMS Analyst for a Full Time Direct Hire position in Ontario, CA 91761
Looking for 3 - 5 years of WMS (Warehouse Management System)
1 year experience with Manhattan
Looking for someone who can configure and troubleshoot so techno - functional
The WMS (Warehouse Management System) Functional Analyst is responsible for the overall stability, configuration, and support of the distribution technologies within Supply Chain applications. This user will work with the plant users both off-site and on-site. This is a hands-on role requiring experience with WMS Applications including areas such as Warehouse Management (WM), Warehouse Control Systems (WCS), Labor/Workforce Management, Slotting Optimization, Yard Management, and RF Scanning. Responsibilities include implementing new functionality and supporting users in deploying environment. This role serves as a liaison between the Distribution Operations team and the IT team.
Keys to Success:
Most essential for success in this role is to maintain a great team attitude, demonstrate passion for your work, and the willingness to learn. This role will often have to work independently to drive user support to resolution.
Role Responsibilities and Scope
Description of role:
• Design, build, and implement functional solutions which meet desired business requirements
• Support Distribution Technology users in their daily business solutions including system training and production issue troubleshooting
• Assume a lead role developing solutions for business processes from manual to WMS applications; designing and developing Distribution Technology applications for roll-out in a multi-plant, 24/7 environment.
• Lead and actively participate in all phases of system implementation including requirements gathering, functional and technical design, system design and development, testing and roll-out and support.
• Utilize disciplined development methodology for continuous evolution and optimization for the WMS solution.
• Provide daily user support of the Distribution Technology Functional modules during and post implementation.
• Troubleshoot transaction issues. Fully document all configurations, customizations, and interfaces to other systems.
• Open and manage defect request tickets with vendors
• Organize user training including documentation for all Distribution related system modules.
• A bachelor's degree in business or information technology/computer sciences.
Years of Experience in Field: 5-7 years of Over all
• JR level: 1-2 years’ experience with WMS Technologies (Manhattan WMS, AGV’s or any Tier 1/Tier 2 WMS technologies)
• Mid Level: 3-5 years’ experience with one or two of these WMS Technologies (Manhattan WMS, AGV’s or any Tier 1/Tier 2 WMS technologies) with at least one complete life-cycle implementation experience.
• SR level: 5+ years’ experience with one or two of these WMS Technologies (Manhattan WMS, AGV’s, or any Tier 1/Tier 2 WMS technologies) with at least one complete life-cycle implementation experience.
• 2+ years Industry experience, preferably in a Distribution Center or Corporate deployment project.
• Expertise in WMS techno/functional modules Warehouse Management (WM), AGV’s, ASRS, Labor/Workforce Management, Slotting Optimization, Yard Management, and RF Scanning.
• Experience working in a distribution operation with multiple 3PL vendors in a wide geographic network.
• Expertise interfacing WMS technologies and application to back office systems/ERP (ie – Oracle EBS/SAP)
• Module design and configuration experience.
• Past experience as a team-lead for one or more WM implementations
• Basic experience with setting up and configuring RF scanners, printers, Print and Apply (ie – Intermec, Motorola)
• Basic understanding of WMS/Oracle database/table structures is desirable
• Experience in Reporting and BI is preferred
• Ability to work in a professional manner, be flexible, and handle interactions with all levels of the organization and with external clients
• Demonstrated ability to communicate well with other members of the team and with non-technical end users
• Good written and verbal communications skills are required
• Self-directed, organized, and motivated
• 24/7 on call support as necessary to resolve system critical issues
• 25%-35% of travel required
• For Mid & Sr level: WMS Technologies (Manhattan WMS, AGV’s, or any Tier 1/Tier 2 WMS technologies) least one complete life-cycle implementation experience.
• For Jr level: Quick learner and aptitude for systems support
• Proficient computer skills (i.e. Excel, Outlook, Access)
• Basic SQL skills / Experience working with relational databases and tables
• Some knowledge of Supply Chain Logistics/Operations
• Minimum Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Transportation, Computer Science or Engineering