This is a great opportunity for a CCNP/JNCP level or equivalent experienced IP/MPLS Network Engineer to design, configure, provision and support customer network from build to deployment (voice, data, video traffic and cloud).
Candidates should have experience around MPLS/VRFs and BGP within in an ISP / Telecom's provider environment.
As well as appropriate technical skills, candidates will have a strong customer service ethic and able to work a flexible work pattern including on-call.
Responsibilities of the IP/MPLS Network Engineer include:
- Design/implement IP/MPLS network Microwave backhaul transport systems to support voice, data, video traffic with IP Telephony and Products over the VMware cloud.
- Support Microwave IP transport systems critical data payloads used for RF signaling of Aviat and Motorola Radio and switch environments.
- Support and troubleshooting a mix of networking technologies including MPLS, VRF and BGP working within in an ISP / Telecoms service provider environment
- Design and implementation of peering IP networks using BGP and MPLS, interior routing protocols.
- Architect networks for new services, identify areas of improvement, and develop/implement acceptance testing plans.
- Configuration, provisioning and deploy designed network solutions from build to deployment within IP Routing, MPLS / BGP environment.
- Experience in dynamic protocols including OSPF and BGP.
- Experience configuring and deploying Coriant (Tellabs), Cisco, Juniper and Avait CTR routers, switches and firewalls in an MPLS network environment.
- Determine network equipment needed to meet specified requirements.
- Complete and maintain network topology documents, design and diagrams in google drive share folder, network inventory is current.
- Embrace Agency’s goals and strategy in alignment with KPI’s and provide metrics.
- Maintain and implement network firewalls, manage security access to protect the network from intentional and accidental abuse, unauthorized access, and any communication loss.
- Work closely with NOC and Field Technicians on 1st/2nd/3rd line troubleshooting in support of the customer on network faults and developing product turn-up processes.
- Ensure minimal downtime/outage with quick workarounds, troubleshooting, and correcting fault conditions.
- Respond to support calls and escalations of customer issues on a 24/7 basis as required.
- Script programs to automate configuration/provisioning of services.
- Design routines health tests that run diagnostic scans and report/notify of system alarms.
- Provide training and mentoring to other team members.
- Develop and support procedures for ensuring network survivability and disaster recovery.
To be successful in this role, the candidate should have min 5 years of experience in the below listed fields:
- Strong hands-on IP/MPLS Network Planning, Designing and Operations experience with a good reference from previous employment
- Service provider environment – Core, Edge, Border, Access and Aggregation routing and switching with voice and data peering.
- Attention to the details with great communications skills to interact/articulate in a professional manner.
- Peering IXC’s, NMS/OSS, DDoS monitoring and mitigation.
- Usage of TACACS+, AAA services.
- Design and deploy VMware cloud environment, Linux OS.
- Network Protocols and OSI models (TCP, UDP, VLAN, MPLS).
- Standard best practices for network development and design.
- Networking, IP Telephony and VoIP terminology.
- Knowledge of SIP/RTP/TLS/SRTP/ENUM/DNS.
- Wireshark, PCAP applications, SPLUNK.
- Elastic Logging systems.
- Coriant (Tellabs), Aviat CTR, Cisco, Juniper (JUNOS).
- Certification preferred: CCNP, CCIE, JNCIE, or CCDE with SP tracks.